Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

08 lmm cruise control issues

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2014, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado 2500hd cruise control issues

Ok guys, I need some help! I've read multiple forums about cruise control issues. The cruise works when it wants to. I replaced the brake light stop switch and that didn't fix the problem. I think I've isolated the problem. I've noticed that as long as you drive in a straight line, the cruise will stay on but as soon as you have to slightly turn the wheel in either direction it cuts of. I pulled the steering wheel to see it there were any broken wires but didn't see any. What are the chances of the Clock spring being faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by jerry.g.coleman; September 14th, 2014 at 2:34 PM. Reason: change title
Old September 14th, 2014, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Jerry
Youmight want to look into this TSB?
REF Number 09-08-68-001
cruise control turns off during operation-reprogram ECM

I also saw one under there for people that have put larger wheels and tires on their vehicle causing problems.
Old September 14th, 2014, 8:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't toy with it too much you'll get in an accident. better if left disabled. i studied cruise control for another car: but it's very model specific. you need a good manual on that one. maybe dealer will print you a page, maybe not.
Old September 14th, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Well here's where I'm at...I tried every single thing I could find in every other post about cruise not working. New brake light switch from chevy dealer, checked all bulbs in tail lights including 3rd brake light, checked and cleaned all connections and still nothing. I was having no other problems with anything not working except the cruise. Windows, locks, mirrors and tow/haul all work just fine. My truck is a diesel and I run EFI live so I know the program is good. I broke down today and pulled the steering wheel again today and took the clockspring apart and cleaned all connections and wahlah!! Cruise is working again. I'm going to pull the wheel one more time to get the part # off of it so I can order a new one. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue before but if you notice that the cruise only cuts off when you turn the wheel in either direction more than 10 degrees then the clockspring is more than likely going to be the culprit.