Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

09 Silverado door locks

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2016, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Silverado door locks

I have been having issues with my door locks either not working or only intermittently working. Driver side locks manually by hand or key to open only. I have checked fuses under the hood and #10 and 11 in the compartment to the left of drivers side dash and all seem to be ok. My rear driver side door occasionally does not work but I can hear the actuator making a noise. I removed the door panel and there are no broken clips and everything seems to be in tact just the door lock is not moving. Does anybody know if there is a relay that may have gone bad or other fuse to check? I'm hesitant to start replacing actuators and hoping that somebody might be able to help. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more than likely its the actuators but if you're capable of doing circuit testing I would make sure they're getting the voltage and grounds they need