Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

'09 Suburban Stabilitrack/Traction Control Warnings

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2018, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry '09 Suburban Stabilitrack/Traction Control Warnings

In Dec 2017 I was on a 200+ mile road trip when the Stabiltrack and Traction Control light came on the dash and a tapping saound could be heard when driving, oil pressure and engine temp were fine. I pulled over to do a physical inspection of things and got back on the road w/approx. 100 miles to go; I arrived home safely. By the end of the trip, the tapping sound had stopped and the Stabilitrack and the Traction Control would come on/off intermittently. I got the vehicle to my mechanic asap, he had the truck for a week, the the Stabilitrack and Traction Control wouldn't act up for him. I continued driving w/no issues for approx 2 weeks then out of no where it started again "Stabilitrack and Traction Contro" flashing, I returned to my mechanic, he replaced the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and that seemed to fix everything for about 2 more weeks until Jan 30 when I was driving w/the flow of traffic and out of no where the check engine light starts flashing followed by Stabilitrack and Traction Control warning and the tapping sound had started again. I pulled the code which was a P0301, Cylinder 1 Misfire. After researching both Stabilitrack and Traction Control and misfire issues/resolutions there are not real fixes, just more continued issues for owners. Any insight on this issue?