Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

09 Tahoe Automatic Start

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2017, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Tahoe Automatic Start

My 09 Tahoe the automatic start does not engage / work. The key fobs are synced correctly they unlock all the door and rear window hatch. No engine codes are thrown. No engine light is present. Similar to my 06 impala I press the lock button on the fob twice then press and hold the start button on the fob the yellow parking lights flash twice and it would start. But my tahoe does not even attempt to start. This is where im at. what to check next. Im going to check fuses next not entirely sure it has anything to do with it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys and gals

Last edited by Joseph Gaylord; January 6th, 2017 at 9:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old January 6th, 2017, 1:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

factory or aftermarket remote start?

is the hood switch input to the bcm working?
Old January 6th, 2017, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
factory or aftermarket remote start?
is the hood switch input to the bcm working?

this would be a factory remote start.

the bcm switch im assuming thats the switch that signals if the hood is open or not and that appears to function. It does indicate the hoods open when i have it open and turns off when closed.

-Side note this Tahoe is an old PPV Model. Im not entirely sure if it was disconnected while i was on the fleet. Everything in the truck functions perfectly. Minus the remote start ofcourse.

Im honestly not sure if this vechile has the valet mode or now. I cant find any info that would suggest it does.
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

the bcm, rcdlr and pcm are all involved in remote start function...check the for codes in the other 2 modules. a code reader will not pull body codes.