Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

16 Silverado 1500 Power Steering Motor Rpl

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2019, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16 Silverado 1500 Power Steering Motor Rpl

Hi

I need to replace my power steering actuator on my steering rack. When I lifted my truck a while back I had my steering rack laying on ground to add the drop spacers and it rolled back and broke a piece of the connector off were the mating connector locking tab is at. I found the part, I need to know if there is any special replacement dealer procedure that calls for using a computer or laptop for it or if I can just remove and install the new one. They call it a Power Steering Motor 23361176.

Also wanted to add that when at a stop light, my engine normally appears to idle at like 500RPM or a hair higher on the Tach but recently it will drop below 500RPM and i can feel the truck running rough. Told dealer to check they said nothing wrong obviously cause it wasn't doing anything at the time. But trucks got 16,000 miles and I have serviced the air and oil filters recently after this issue has already started.....

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by Pocho808; August 10th, 2019 at 1:38 PM.