Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1992 chevy k1500 no fuel, no start,

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2016, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 chevy k1500 no fuel, no start,

Hi all, I'm new here
So i'm having some issues with my 92 k1500 blazer silverado 4x4, 350 TBI 4L60E auto tranny, not getting fuel to the throttle body. So far I have checked my fuses, fuel filter(filter is clear), I disconnected the fuel lines at the filter fuel sprayed out, checked all the grounds I think, replaced the ICM, I can hear the fuel pump come on when I turn the key forward, I disconnected the fuel line that goes to the throttle body and turned the key there was no fuel coming out of the line.... ALSO while I was driving on saterday my truck suffered a severe power loss, like I could barley leave a light.... Then that night I was driving and my truck just died and I couldn't get her going again. PLEASE if anyone has any ideas, I would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Thanks Zach
Old December 9th, 2016, 1:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

The most likely problem appears to be your fuel pump. Just because you can hear it running doesn't mean it is producing enough pressure. How does the fuel line from the filter to the throttle body look like. Does it have a lot of rust? Try blow air pressure through it to make sure it isn't clogged.
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
The most likely problem appears to be your fuel pump. Just because you can hear it running doesn't mean it is producing enough pressure. How does the fuel line from the filter to the throttle body look like. Does it have a lot of rust? Try blow air pressure through it to make sure it isn't clogged.

Hey, Thanks for the reply!!!
I tried blowing through that line and its clear..... (Had my bro on the other end,) I'm gonna try checking the fuel pressure today, and freeze my tail off!!! just got a kit,
Old December 20th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default 1992 chevy k1500 no fuel, no start, FIXED!!!

Hi guys, So it turned out being the fuel hose that connects the fuel pump to the fuel lines.... It slipped off, So I put some better hose clamps on it and she is happy again!!!