Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1994 Z71 5.7 TBI Stalls....please help.

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2014, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Z71 5.7 TBI Stalls....please help.

I just recently bought a 1994 Z71 with the 5.7 TBI engine with 207K miles. The issue I'm having is as follows. I start the truck and it runs and idles, kinda sounds like it has a slight miss here and there but it runs and stays running. Next I'll try putting it into gear, sometimes it will stay running but most of the time it just stalls. It doesn't sputter or jerk when it does it just goes into gear and stalls withing 3 seconds. If I manage to get it to stay running when put into gear I can drive it but whenever coming to a stop or slowing way down for a turn it will stall unless I keep my foot on the brake and gas the whole time and give it constant gas and then it will stay running but as soon as I let off the gas it dies. I can put into park and neutral and it will fire up just fine idle but when put back into gear it will stall unless you gas it as soon as its put into gear. When driving it drives and runs fine, you would never guess theres an issues with it. I have taken off the egr valve and sprayed it out with carg cleaner and put a new gasket on, changed the plugs and thats about all ive had time for. Any suggestions? I know it has high milegae but I plan on rebuilding it next summer. I just need a 4 wheel drive for winter. Any help would be much appreciated, please and thanks you!