Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1996 c3500 bogs down no codes.

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2017, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 c3500 bogs down no codes.

Ok, truck starts idles fine. Cold or hot. And runs great sometimes for days. But it will bog down when accelerated then has no power. I can let up and feather the pedal to gain speed. Replaced these parts, o2 sensor all of them, tp sensor heat sensor. Full pressure sensor. Now here is the part I need you all to think about. It throws no codes at all. While driving if it does this bog down, if I put it in neutral and turn it off and back on while driving the bog is gone for sometimes 20 miles sometimes for a week. What could be making this problem that can reset instailly ? Only thing that makes it stay away longer is when it has a full tank but that' not a sure thing. Remember this part. If I turn the key off and on while driving it fixes it eveytime but last for diff links of time. Happy thinking hope one of you know the answer.

Last edited by lordvader702; December 7th, 2017 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Engine size 5.7 vortex auto trans
Old December 7th, 2017, 6:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

When was the fuel filter replaced?
Old December 7th, 2017, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, fuel filter is new like I said it can reset to running fine with a turn of the key.
Old December 7th, 2017, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

This problem isnt really a fuel problem its more a sensor that controls either the air/gas mix or emc what I'm really tying to get is someone who has had thus same problem and which part did they find solved it. I know the players involed in this issue but each one is cost close to 200 bucks. Trying to save some time and money