Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1997 Chevy not blowing air at all

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2017, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Chevy not blowing air at all

Hey guys,
I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 Silverado pickup. I'm new to the Chevy thing. it has a Vortec V8 i think it's a 5.7 and it's four wheel drive. I was leaving the house today when I turned the heater on and nothing came out at all. My blower motor had been making terrible noises for months and then would stop and I figured it had finally went. So I got a new blower motor and put it in and still the same issue. No air, hot or cold what so ever. I checked and changed the fuse and I don't know if it would be an accuator problem or what I'm missing. It seems to be making a humming noise when I try to change the location of where I want air going like it wants to go but just won't. Please let me know what you think, any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by seeley91; January 3rd, 2017 at 9:40 PM.
Old January 4th, 2017, 7:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Are you saying that there is no air coming out of any of the vents or the defroster? Did you change the blower motor resistor?
Old January 4th, 2017, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is correct I have nothing for air flow, one of my friends told me he was 99% sure that's what it was so I'm heading out to get the part now, I'll update you on it. Thank you for your help!