Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 silverado knock sensor

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2016, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 silverado knock sensor

DAVE HERE FROM PHOENIX
I have a 2000 Silverado 4x4,5.3 with 233,000 miles. I bought it new. About 3 years ago I replaced the knock sensors #2 low input, no new wire harness. Couple months ago started getting error knock sensor low input on 2 again, replaced wire harness and both knock sensors. ran couple weeks ok been getting it on a regular bases, after clearing codes. from harness I checked the resistance 100k on both sensors. Tried the hammer test getting an ac voltage on front one. Kind of hard to hammer on something close to the back one. used an air hammer on back of block got a smaller ac signal. pulled the connector loose and drove it until the error came back on said sensor 1 low. You think maybe the ECU going bad?
Outside of a planetary gear coming apart at 180,000 while pulling my boat. and some front end work been a good truck.
Thanks for any help.