Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2001 S10 wont crank sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2016, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 S10 wont crank sometimes!

Hello! My problem is recently my dad purchased a 2001 S10 4x4 4door pickup and ever once inna while he will try to start the truck and all the electronics seem to come on but the truck will not crank, after messing with the key in the switch for a few minutes the truck will finally crank and start! It is a sparatic occurance, i am wondering if this a common problem with these trucks and if so does anyone know the common cause? Thanks
Old December 19th, 2016, 6:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

The first thing I would check is the starter solenoid. This is an old truck and starters and solenoids do go bad. This is not uncommon. Then I would check the starter relay.
Old December 19th, 2016, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awighty thanks. We knew to do that , just thought there might be some sort of a security system at play with this problem!
Originally Posted by oldchevy
The first thing I would check is the starter solenoid. This is an old truck and starters and solenoids do go bad. This is not uncommon. Then I would check the starter relay.