Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2002 Imala LS

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2009, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Imala LS

Greetings to all
I am a new poster here and have problems and questions. 2002 Impala LS 3.8
I need a breakdown of what the switches are called around the intake. I know what the MAF is and the TPS I replaced the TPS. There is a switch a three pin that is just past the MAF that has a plunger on it that is coned shaped, I removed that switch and cleaned the cone section and sprayed and cleaned where it mounts inside the intake. I have one question about that should the cone move freely it has a spring around the shaft but it does not move either in nor out? Backing up some I got a code PO102 first, I narrowed it down to the TPS I had an open circuit on that when I tested it. I had a total drop or open circuit reading after it moved slightly. I cleaned the MAF and intake parts with the proper cleaner from the parts store. The problem I am still having is eratic throttle or surg now and then and shutting off sometimes when I am stopped at a stoplight/sign. After resetting the computer I got another code PO122 which is TPS switch a circuit low input. I have been a mechanic for over 30 years but on heavy equipment so im not totally clueless, but I do not have much experience on these new electrical systems. Any help would be appreciated email me or post here Thank you all Dennis.