Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2002 Suburban z71 Electrical Problem Passenger Side not working

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2015, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suburban z71 Electrical Problem Passenger Side not working

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new to me 2002 Chevy Suburban. It's the z71 package, 4x4, leather, etc. I like it a lot. However, I have a couple of problems with it. Mechanically it is solid. The primary problems, or the one I want to work on first, is to do with the passenger side front and middle doors "not working", as well as the rear hatch.

Let me explain what I mean by "not working". Basically, neither the front or middle passenger doors OR the rear hatch lock when you electronically push the lock button. The driver side doors (front and middle) both work totally as they should. Also, the passenger side mirror doesn't work. Nor does the passenger side MIDDLE window, the front DOES work however. When you open either of the passenger side doors, no lights come on in the truck indicating the doors are open, but when you open the driver's side, the lights come on. The radio works on the passenger side, the electric seat works, and the lock button works too on that side but it still only locks the driver side.

This is really annoying because I have to manually lock and unlock everything on the passenger side, so most of the time I'm choosing to just leave the vehicle unlocked.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Any ideas on what I should be checking? I checked all of the fuses, although not very thoroughly so I could have easily missed something.

Would much appreciate any insights on this! Thank you!

Shepard