Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2005 Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2012, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 2005 Chevy Silverado Radio

I recently removed my factory installed radio to remove a stuck CD and when reinstalled the radio will not work, no display, wont turn on or off. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it ??

Last edited by fixitman; January 28th, 2012 at 2:45 PM.
Old January 28th, 2012, 5:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I suppose you didn't disconnect the battery before installing the radio? You may have accidentally blown the Radio fuse in the underhood fuse block.
Old January 28th, 2012, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thank You. You are correct. I didn't unhook the battery but I did check the fuse underhood and it was OK. Are there any other inline fuses that could have blown ?? Thanks for your help
Old January 28th, 2012, 6:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, but verify the fuse has battery voltage. These radios are so integrated into the vehicle electronics that you may need to take it into the service department.
Old January 28th, 2012, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

I will check that. I did notice that the theft lock light is still flashing so it must be getting power just nothing on the display
Old January 30th, 2012, 5:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> fixitman,

There are two fuses available for the radio, one for the Audio System and another for the Radio Amplifier. You may want to check to make sure they are both in working order.

For your reference, this information is available in the owner's manual on page 5-135, with a diagram available on page 5-132. A digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...-Silverado.pdf

I hope this information is helpful. If not, you may need to take the vehicle in for an inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service