Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 Chevy Tahoe DAY LIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2016, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe DAY LIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS

I've seen some information around about DRL issues but I need some help with my specific year and model (2007 Chevy Tahoe LT). My issue appears to be intermittent because at times both lights won't work. Then at times it's either right or left that will work.
-I've checked the under hood fuse panel and located two fuses marked as DRL(see the photos for a visual: fuse 30 and 32). I get 12 volts from both sides of fuse 32 which I think comes from the ignition as when I turn engine off I lose power at 32 shortly thereafter. I do not get voltage at fuse 30 (only getting 0.15 volts which is nothing).
-I never did locate a relay, however. Is there a relay? If so, where is it? I could not locate it based on the names on the fuse panel layout label. I checked the fuse panel at left of the driver dash and didn't see anything that appeared by name to be for the DRL. I also looked into the fuse / circuit breaker panel next to the parking brake and didn't see anything related to DRL.
-I checked the parking brake pedal switch and the light on the dash goes on and off as expected(parking brake applied and dash light goes on).
-Are there any DRL components near or at the drive column? someone somewhere on an older tahoe model mentioned a diode in that area. Any ideas?
-I did start by replacing the bulbs first and that wasn't it. I also heard older models had issues with the bulbs overheating and causing the sockets to deform due to heat which could cause the intermittent condition. Any one know if my year/model has this issue? Any one know the procedure for removing the lights so I could have a good look at the sockets?
-I would appreciate wiring schematic for the DRL circuit and locations for checking for power if any one has this info.

Sorry for all the questions and a big thanks in advance for any help with this issue.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Chevy Tahoe DAY LIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS-img_1837.jpg   2007 Chevy Tahoe DAY LIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS-img_1839.jpg