Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 Cobalt new battery dying

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2018, 1:32 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Cobalt new battery dying

I've had problems with my battery dying for the last few weeks. At first it was only dying every few days, so I bought a charger and I'd just take my battery out, bring it inside and charge it overnight. However when I put the battery back in and drive it around, the next morning it's dead again. I purchased a brand new battery, same one I had before, and the next morning it's dead again. I had both the alternator and starter checked and they test perfect. None of the wiring in the trunk is broke or any corrosion.

At first when I tried starting the vehicle, all my door locks would just spam lock and unlock while all the dashboard warning symbols flash on and off, and radio resets to Demo Mode. It did this for the few weeks.

Now when I try to start my car, it does nothing at all and makes no sounds, clicks, lights, nothing. Oh, and the key gets stuck in the ignition so I have to use the key release under the steering wheel just to be able to open the trunk to get my battery back out.

After the battery is charged and I remove my key from the ignition, the car beeps quickly until the door is closed, or within a few inches of being closed. As soon as I open it again it starts beeping just as fast. My keyfob has been broke for months so it currently is trashed. I unlock my door with the key, and I lock it with the automatic door lock. The disarm process for the Anti Theft Deferrent says to just put the key in the ignition, however as soon as I take out it just starts beeping again. I've disconnected all chargers, cigarette lighters, and removed my radio, and removed the fuse for my cigarette lighter.

I got fired two months ago and my car started messing up right after, so i don't exactly have money to go spend a few hundred at a dealer just for it to be something stupid. I've had this happen before and I did the rearm process, but I had to do it about 8 times in a row so it took forever. I dont think my battery will last that long to try it again.