Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 uplander wont start, stalls while driving.

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2018, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 uplander wont start, stalls while driving.

Hello, I'm new here but I recently bought a 2007 uplander ls about 2 months ago. At first it would be hard to start so I cleaned the throttle body and the problem went away for about a month. Now it will either not start at all or sputter like crazy then dies. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when it doesn't want to start. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and cleaned the throttle body to near perfection, removed and cleaned the battery terminals and tightened the cables really good. I've also added a good ground wire from the motor to the frame because I read about that being an issue. When it shuts off while driving it will not start back up for 15-20 minutes.So i'm out of things to mess with and it still starts when it wants. Some times it start up with no issues like nothing is wrong. Other days it just cranks and cranks. Only code I pulled is a PO449. I've read this is a common issue but can't seem to find an answer. Can anyone please help me with this?? This is my family vehicle and I have 4 kids including a 1 year old so this has to be reliable. Thanks. Oh yeah is a 2007 uplander, 3.9 liter, 131,000 miles, front wheel drive.
Old May 5th, 2018, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW over 100 views and no replies. Some forum. I got better answers from my ford forum I've been a member on. Thanks for the awesome support people.