Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2010 Chevy Aveo Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2010 Chevy Aveo Not Starting

Hi I am new to this forum.

I have a 2010 Chevy Aveo that is having an issue starting.
It only happens in the mornings and evenings and most especially when it is damp.

In the morning the car will not start at all. It will not even turnover. When i turn the key i get nothing.
There is power in the cabin. I have radio, lights, etc but the car will not turnover.
When I am fortunate enough to get the car to turn over it typically starts just fine.

As the day progresses and things have warmed up and/or dried up, the car turns over and starts just fine and it will typically re-start without issue for the rest of the day.
In the evening it can experience the issue but not as frequently as the morning.

I have it in an auto shop right now and they are trying to track the problem down but so far the cannot pinpoint the problem.
Part of the frustration is that it only happens in the morning (and evening) and when it is damp so the shop cannot always duplicate the problem.
And to make matters more difficult, once the car starts, the issue usually goes away and there is no issue with restarting.

Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

2010 Chevy Aveo
4 Cylinder
4 door hatchback.
Standard Transmission