Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2012 Chevrolet Utility 1.8 Sport A/C Jerks splutters

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2021, 4:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevrolet Utility 1.8 Sport A/C Jerks splutters

Why does my 2012 Chevrolet Utility 1.8 Sport A/C vehicle jerk and splutter in first and second gear, as though it is not getting fuel 'smoothly', as though it is getting intermittent fuel. Once you get into 3rd/ 4th and 5th gears all is okay. It is just when you are in first or second gears. Mechanics are all battling to work out what is wrong? Is this a regular problem with this make of Chevy or generally all other makes of Chevy? Please let me know.

Some say the basics like spark plugs was incorrect and some say it could be Intermittent coil failure most probably, but start with spark plugs and HT leads. I assume these basic checks have been done by the mechanic who has had my vehicle for 4 weeks now and cannot find the solution.

Thanks Roger
Old May 4th, 2021, 4:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger247
Why does my 2012 Chevrolet Utility 1.8 Sport A/C vehicle jerk and splutter in first and second gear, as though it is not getting fuel 'smoothly', as though it is getting intermittent fuel. Once you get into 3rd/ 4th and 5th gears all is okay. It is just when you are in first or second gears. Mechanics are all battling to work out what is wrong? Is this a regular problem with this make of Chevy or generally all other makes of Chevy? Please let me know.

Some say the basics like spark plugs was incorrect and some say it could be Intermittent coil failure most probably, but start with spark plugs and HT leads. I assume these basic checks have been done by the mechanic who has had my vehicle for 4 weeks now and cannot find the solution.

Thanks Roger
Do you have any OBD II codes you could post?
Old May 4th, 2021, 4:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, not familiar with what that abbreviation code means or stands for. Myabe I should aske the mechaniv
Old May 7th, 2021, 1:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger247
Sorry, not familiar with what that abbreviation code means or stands for. Myabe I should aske the mechaniv
Onboard Diagnostics, Version 2. 1996 is when it was applied to all vehicles.