Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

5.7 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2016, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.7 engine swap

Hi all, I have a question, I have a 98 GMC SIERRA with the 5.7 engine which has around 206000.0 mi the body overall is in decent shape what body work that it needs really isn't that much. Well to make a long story short it was running decent but I knew it was having some issues it I didn't start it every day it would be a real pain to start. Might take an hour or it could take 5 hours well now it doesn't want to start at all and I checked and there is no codes. My question is what all would I have to do to put a 93 engine into it? A different computer, different transfer and transmission can anybody give me some input. The 93 only has 85000.0 miles on it and it was owned by a school district as their plow truck. I drove it for a couple years until the frame rotted out so I have the wiring harness, transmission and transfer, the computer and so on. Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated thanks