Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

6.0 Burning Oil

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2010, 6:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like it would make sense to tell them to go pound sand....but that won't get the oil burning stopped. Ya gotta go higher on the food chain for this one Cody. Dealerships are not as motivated to help you as say a district guy. It's too bad you don't know someone at GSA who buys whole fleets from GM. Boy would I like to hear that call! See where I'm coming from here though? The squeaky wheel gets greased and being in the AF you certainly know chain-of-command. Just a thought from an old guy.
Old January 16th, 2010, 7:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what your saying. If it happens again, it'll be taken care of by GM. My dealer, I'm pretty sure, Had the carpet pulled out from under them by GM. They have 25 new Chevys, when I bought my truck the lot was packed. I'll go to a different dealer next time. Then go up the chain from there.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

I don't know what's wrong with your dealership, that seems to be a disproportionately high amount of oil consumption, even to a casual observer. Everybody I know makes it a point to go out of our way to help our guys in active service, I guess those heartless chumps at your dealer never spent one day between them serving their country.