Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

68 C50 LY6/LQ Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2022, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 68 C50 LY6/LQ Engine Swap

Evening everyone. I am looking for input on a build I am going to be starting. I have a 1968 Chevy C50. I am going to be dropping the cab onto a 3/4 ton pickup frame and going to be going with a twin turbo build. I am trying to source the best block setup for this. I will be going for a high horsepower fuel injected build. Haven't decided on a transmission yet. Any advice or pointers are appreciated. Thanks

I brought up the LY6 first because I have a buddy with GM and he recommends that over an LQ.

Old June 30th, 2022, 5:09 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaiah Hackrott
Evening everyone. I am looking for input on a build I am going to be starting. I have a 1968 Chevy C50. I am going to be dropping the cab onto a 3/4 ton pickup frame and going to be going with a twin turbo build. I am trying to source the best block setup for this. I will be going for a high horsepower fuel injected build. Haven't decided on a transmission yet. Any advice or pointers are appreciated. Thanks

I brought up the LY6 first because I have a buddy with GM and he recommends that over an LQ.
Reminds me of my father's Chevy 1969 C-60. Had a Large-block 366 cubic inch motor, with a Heavy duty 5-speed Borg-Warner transmission, and a two-speed Eaton axle. That motor had some real torque to it. I'd blow out a car axle for sure. LY6 sounds good.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; June 30th, 2022 at 5:16 AM.