Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

86 Celebrity Repairs

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2014, 1:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 Celebrity Repairs

On to more repairs for my little $450 car... Valve cover gasket seems to be leaking pretty good. That has to be changed. Gasket kit comes with the EGR Valve gasket.. Something I am missing here??
Rear shocks are shot. Bought new OEM shocks from Rock Auto, but can't get the bolt loose. Got to get some of that penetrating oil working and probably will help if I took off the wheel and raised that side of the car..
Fuel Filter looks to be original. The car stalled on my daughter when she was driving down the road and could not get it restarted for a bit. Traumatic for a 17 year old, but something is not working well. Going to put in a container of fuel injector cleaner and probably change the fuel filter. However, the lines to the filter look pretty rusty, so I am going to get the penetrating oil on that one while I have the wheel off to change the shock on the drivers side...
Anyone have any tips? Suggestions other than selling it and run???