Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

88 suburban converted to trailer.

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2016, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 suburban converted to trailer.

Ok, so since this isnt exactly "chevy tech" specific, so im putting it in general discussion. Let me know if i should move it.

My intention is to take an 88 suburban, and turn the entire thing into a trailer. As in, gut under the hood, remove the tranny, pull the steering column, take off the front wheels and all attachments, and have the ENTIRE truck be a trailer, with the engine compartment being a trunk of sorts. It already has a 2" hitch mount on the front, so i was figuring on putting a reciever tongue on some 2" square tubing and using that for hookup. Would this work? Or would it be insufficient?

Also, my plan was to use the existing parking brake cable for the trailer brakes. What type of actuator (?) should i use?

Aside from that, any tips or tricks in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!