Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

94 350 tbi rebuild questions.

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2019, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 350 tbi rebuild questions.

So I had a known engine builder and guy I know. Rebuild the engine In my 94chevy k1500 5.7 TBI. Looking to see if anybody could tell me a ball park HP and torque to look for. It is the original 94 block, machined .30 over (355) he had the crank turned, flat top sealed power coated skirt pistons. Compression 9.4-1 Put a custom comp mild flat tapper cam, duration at .050 212 intake and 218 exaust. Had a set of vortec heads re worked and installed. Stock new lifters, arms and springs. A pair of shorty headers and speedmaster low rise intake with a 670cfm Holley therotle body. Upgraded to a vortec fuel pump. Will probably invest in a chip in the near future. Have it dropped in, waiting for my new radiator to get here before I break it in. Just curious as to what people think of the build and what I should expect. Also I primed the thing the other day to make sure my mechanical OP gauge was working and it shot up to 80psi + is that to much?? I believe it’s a high volume oil pump.

Old March 26th, 2019, 1:10 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Slaminbrews92
So I had a known engine builder and guy I know. Rebuild the engine In my 94chevy k1500 5.7 TBI. Looking to see if anybody could tell me a ball park HP and torque to look for. It is the original 94 block, machined .30 over (355) he had the crank turned, flat top sealed power coated skirt pistons. Compression 9.4-1 Put a custom comp mild flat tapper cam, duration at .050 212 intake and 218 exaust. Had a set of vortec heads re worked and installed. Stock new lifters, arms and springs. A pair of shorty headers and speedmaster low rise intake with a 670cfm Holley therotle body. Upgraded to a vortec fuel pump. Will probably invest in a chip in the near future. Have it dropped in, waiting for my new radiator to get here before I break it in. Just curious as to what people think of the build and what I should expect. Also I primed the thing the other day to make sure my mechanical OP gauge was working and it shot up to 80psi + is that to much?? I believe it’s a high volume oil pump.

Stock HP was 200 HP in 1994 and torque at 310 ft.lbs. Hard to say what it will be now, but I'd guess maybe another 50-75 HP. Nice looking motor! Is that a PA speaker I see?

I noticed that your A/C receiver/dryer line doesn't look like it has a cap on it. Might want to put one on high and low sides to keep stuff out of the A/C Schrader valves. Sorry, I trained as an A/C tech many years ago, so I do notice small things like that. As for your serpentine belt, I'd go with a Gates belt, Top notch belt as they are good as they come.