Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

96 sonoma electric power loss

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 sonoma electric power loss

My 2.2 sonoma truck would die intermitantly but could get it restarted & would run fine for a while. I got a"service engine" light. Code was P1406 which I believed to be EGR problems. I pulled the valve, cleaned, checked voltages at the 5 pin connector plug. The 12v power source, 5v reference pin & the pintle position voltages where good. With the egr valve off of its mount I started engine to check if the passage way was open, which it was. I shut off the engine. Now I have no instrument warning lights, turn signals inside or out, running lights, no voltages at the egr connector(with valve connected or not), the code reader will not electrically connect with the vehicle. The starter works but engine will not start. Are there any suggestions out there.

Last edited by barnescm; November 26th, 2017 at 8:05 PM. Reason: in the wrong section