Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

97 Tahoe PLEASE HELP ME!!

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2013, 6:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Tahoe PLEASE HELP ME!!

First off, Im a new member here and let me say thankyou in advance for anyone and everyone who is going to help me. Im greatful that you guys accepted me here part of the club.

Heres my issue, I was on my way to a fishing trip with my fiance and daughter when my check engine light came on. I pulled over checked the engine for obvious things and didnt see anything. The car did not drive or ride different. it was about a 3 hour trip and i filled the tank up. Ive had this truck for a few months and since ive purchased it i put only premium gasoline and have done a complete "complete" tuneup and maintenance. Now on the way home the car sputtered a couple times and then i realized when i would push down on the pedal is when it would bog out. if i accelerated slowly it would drive me at normal speeds with no problem but the second i pushed the pedal in deep its when it would bog out and feel as if it would turn off. I got home and put it on a diognostic scanner than i have obd2 and got the code p1078. i have found very very few info on this on the internet and what i do find is conflicting against each other as everyone says different things. At first i thought fuel filter but its new less than 1000 miles on it?? what could this be? i hope not a tranny issue? Help me please im unemployed and praying against a simple fix. Your thought and ideas would be very apreciated and i hope can one day be returned with me helping you
God Bless
Randi
97 tahoe lt 4x4

Last edited by gatorhunter8055; April 21st, 2013 at 6:28 PM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone Please?
Old April 21st, 2013, 8:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Only thing I can suggest is check the obvious. I believe that code is related to transmission. Since it is a 4x4 check fluid in tranny/transfer case. Is it shifting ok? I am thinking the tranny has a vacuum controled modulator valve. Check for hose wire issue at the tranny.