Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Advice on fuel economy.

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2008, 1:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Advice on fuel economy.

Hi Gmags,
Yeah, hard to not to notice a couple really nice trucks there. Tonneau covers are on the right track. Yeah, change those friggin plugs RIGHT NOW. Mine were getting ready to melt right off the truck at 57k earlier this year. Stay with OEM AC/Delco plugs unless you go with Halos, and in the Whitney catalog today I saw a set of 0-OHM cables that are supposed to boost mileage 2-3 MPG overall.They're green, and @169$, although I can't say I've tried them personally, there are testimonials.With those Halo plugs and the Granatelli wires,you've got the potential for 2-5 MPG increase.

I'm going to look into nitrogen for the tires, I've gotta say it's always been my favorite ticket for the shock absorbers.

Interesting you just got a Hypertech Programmer, I just got a Diablosport Predator, primarily to match my speedometer from the 410 gears back to the 342 gear change. I didn't post on the other thread because I'm not that familiar with Hypertech or the proper shift points or additional tune programs yet. We'll have to compare notes a little up the road, I know about as much as you do about these things.

That 5.7, if it's an L-block family engine(350?) has so much potential for gas savings if you handle it right. That engine family brags more aftermarket parts than any other.You can get polished, blueprinted intake manifolds, heads with smaller valves,economy cams, metal doubleroller timing chain and gears, for efficiency and economy, the list just goes on and on. What I'm finding with my truck, is while highway mileage is more dramatic, I'm really winning big in the local driving arena with gas economy, but my only yardstick for performance is I fill up my gas tank 1/2 to 1/3 as often as I used to. Still, it's hard to not notice saving that kind of money.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 2:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I want to know is: WHAT THE F%&K IS A TOYOTA ADVERTISEMENT DOING ON A CHEVY FORUM!!!!!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 5:34 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota advertisements pay the bills on the site; what kind of mileage do you get with your truck?
Old September 22nd, 2008, 8:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry but i had to say it but obomma say's all you have to do is air the tire's up wright !!!!!!!!!!!![sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

I think somebody stuck the nitrogen hose up Obama's nose...