Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Air Condition issues

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2016, 4:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Condition issues

I have a 2001 Chevy Suburban that is blowing out hot air. I have change the intake valves because it was leaking put three cans of Freon and it blew out cold air for one day and the next day it was back to hot air. Took it to firestones to get a Air condition system check and they told me the compresser was working great. Don't know what other steps to take to make the air condition work...it's close to 100° here in Texas and I'm having great concerns driving my kids in the truck. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Old July 4th, 2016, 11:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

Sounds like you need a shop that will actually check your entire system. Sounds like you have a pretty good leak somewhere. Just went through this with our '05, needed a new evaporator core.
Old July 20th, 2016, 3:53 AM
CF Beginner

I think visiting into a mechanic shop would be better. They can find out what really the problem of your air condition and solve it.
Old July 20th, 2016, 1:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the only valves in an a/c system are reed valves in the compressor. Not sure what you are referring to there?

+1 for the large leak. get the leak fixed and you will be golden.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Our ac is blowing out defrost only mode, seems theres a couple actuators, one controls the temp of the air, the other controls the place it comes out and of course blower motor, I would start there. I think they are mode actuator and blend actuator, one for temp is on pass side and one for mode is under dash near gas pedal. If you've recently disconnected the battery, there is also a trick you can try with the key, youtube it, hope that helps.