Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Air condition Problem

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air condition Problem

My temperature in the D.I.C. went from 90 degrees counting down backwards to -38 degrees. And then Air Conditioner turned off. And the Message "Ice possible Drive Carefully" appears in the D.I.C. window.

Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this, Please?

I did change the Ambient Air Temp Sensor that is just behind the grill and that didnt do anything. Is there another Ambient Air Temp Sensor i should be looking for?

Thanks

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3.5
Old July 28th, 2010, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have this exact same problem with my 2006 Impala LT 3.9L. I changed the ambient air temperature sensor and it still shows -38F. I have heard that this means it is shorting to voltage instead of ground and the harness needs to be replaced. Even on discount sites the harness is $500. Who knows how much labor will cost. Has anyone else found a fix for this that doesn't involve me emptying my wallet?
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

I hope by now you realize it is fixed. Here is what happened to me.
I replaced the Ambient air Sensor--nothing happened--next day nothing happened--Third day Worked just fine. Then i got to talk to a mechanic thru a friend of a friend. He said that it takes some number of Starts before the computer finds the New Sensor.

He also said that there is another Ambient Sensor somewhere in the passenger compartment, he indicated probably somewhere in behind the Glove box area. Either one is bad and it wont work.

U changed the one in behind the Grill?

Good luck
Old July 31st, 2010, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

You are correct. Sure enough, the next day it started working and has been 100% ever since. It was the sensor behind the grill, in front of the radiator.