Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Air Conditioner is freezing

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner is freezing

I am not sure if this is a common problem with all models or not. The AC in my Equinox will work great for about 15 to 20 min. then it will start blowing out like a vapor. Once the vapor starts then the ait temp and flow decrease. I will switch off the air conditioner, but leave the face running on high. Sometime it blows out little ice particles, but once the fan is back up to full speed , I can switch the air back on and it will work great for another 15 to 20 min. What is the cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Even more stumped

Ok, so over the weekend I took my car down to a few places to have them look at the A/C. First it was a leak, so they filled with the die and recharged the system. I drove off got about 20 min away and the system froze up. Took it back, and there were no leaks. They said I nned to take to dealer. Went to another place they told me my "In Cabin" filter was the culprit. Changed that with no fix. Is there no solution other than taking this to the dealer and getting raped for a repair. Any help from anyone would be greatful.