Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

answered b-4?

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default answered b-4?

i've tried lookin this up here in other sections but unable to find results,tryin to put timin cover on 2000 4.3& cut u shape from new oil pan gasket,put in groove on oil pan,but can't get timin cover on,any way to put cover on w/o droppin oil pan& installin new oil pan gasket?sorry if ?'s not in rite place!
Old October 19th, 2012, 2:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I take it the U is the front main seal. Is it too thick the problem? If so, You will have to at least drop the pan far enough to get it in to compress it, with that, I'd recommend you replace both mains, anp pan gasket if you loosen the pan, you more than likely will have issues with gasket if you don't replace it.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for ur reply,i was tryin to see if there was an easy wayfrom the top side instead of crawlin underneath,gettin to old for that kind of stuff, better try & do it the rite way& replacethe whole gasket, i'd have my son do it,(his truck)but he still gets confused w/ the lefty loosey,ritey titey concept! thx again kevin!