Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

B0026 code

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2017, 9:46 PM
bke
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B0026 code

Airbag light is on my 2002 Chevy tahoe. Used my scan tool and b0026 code came. I search a lot on the internet but can't find nothing for 02 tahoe. I was wondering if it's the clock spring or what.
Old December 4th, 2017, 9:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

B0026 has to do with the drivers airbag steering wheel module circuit. Typically what happens is there is a little too much resistance in a connector. The terminals become slightly corroded. Under the drivers side dash there is a yellow connector. Most likely the culprit. FIRST disconnect the vehicle battery so the airbags won't inadvertently deploy. Then go under the dash and locate the yellow connector. Carefully release the connector position assurance clip. Then disconnect the connector and reconnect it several times to shine up the terminals. Reinstall the position assurance clip. Reconnect the battery. If the airbag light is still on then you either have a bad clockspring or a bad airbag in the steering wheel. HTH.