Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Bad kids...

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2014, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad kids...

So last weekend i took my 1972 chevy pickup out wheeling with my buddies. It flung mud up in the engine bay. I parked it at the house and went to bed because it was late and i couldn't of seen to wash it anyhow. I work during the week and i figured i would wash it on the weekend when i had more time but my kids beat me to it. When i came home they had the hood up and were washing the engine bay area with a hose which would of been fine but the were spraying it at the valve covers and intake manifold and that made me worry. I came back out of the house and dried what water was left on the manifold. Im wondering if the water will evaporate out of there or will i have to do something about it. I know it drained off somewhere because when i came back i could tell that the water level was down. So any help? Thanks.
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

as long as no water went into the carb there shouldn't be a problem. the intake and valve covers should be sealed. Does your engine have a sealed pcv or open breather on the valve cover?

if water did enter the engine, pull the spark plugs, disable the ignition coil and crank it over....any water should blow out the spark plug holes. if water went into the crankcase you will have to drain the oil.

Last edited by tech2; August 7th, 2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old August 8th, 2014, 3:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its needs an oil change anyhow so ill just do that and ill pull the valve covers off and see if i can see any water droplets. Thanks.