Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Best Year Diesel Silverado Year/Model

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2016, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Year Diesel Silverado Year/Model

Going to get a diesel silverado, and have read that the 06' models are the best because of no emissions and no injector problems. Also like the older models (1990's) silver ado but not sure what the lemon years are. I will be using the truck for my small lawn and landscaping business in NC. I NEED a diesel silverado 2500(3/4 ton) because I will be doing some small towing under 5,000 lbs. I will be putting a small lift and larger tires on down the road. I don't like crew cabs, so Extended cab or 2 door is needed. Again I am looking for a truck that isn't a lemon year. Also please include about how many thousand miles you can put on the truck you recommend before you start to have to have expensive repairs. I am a teenager and will be putting it through a little offloading every now and then as well as some heavy acceleration with my buddies.

Thanks, Chris