Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Changed my ignition switch and still having issues

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2018, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed my ignition switch and still having issues

Hello. My suburban is having some issues. it is a 2004 suburban 1500 4wd. It has 190k miles with 30k miles on the motor. It drives like it is stuck in 3rd or 4th gear.

The codes I have are p0740, p0753, p758, p0785, p2761, ABS light, Parking Brake light, Service Brake System and Service 4WD messages on the odometer readout.

I just replaced the Ignition switch with one from Autozone (part# LS1115) and It did NOT fix my issue. What should I do next? Just take it to the dealer or a Transmission shop?

The truck seems to drive normally other than the lights and trans being in limp mode. My blower motor also went around the same time these issues started. It is full of Brake Fluid. The transmission fluid is pink and sill clear. Engine oil is done regularly. The only thing i notice that needs attention is a slight coolant leak on the heater core hose. I live in Vegas and it has not been raining recently.

Last edited by Nevadaman; April 10th, 2018 at 7:46 PM.