Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.
View Poll Results: Will any fuel pump work or does it have to be the one with smog and imisons
Can I use any fuel pump
0%
Do I need the fuel pump that has the smog crap
0%
What fuel pump will work
0%
Please help lol
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Chevy fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2022, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy fuel pump question

Ok hi everyone so I've been a chevy obs lover most of my life and I recently bought a 1999 chevy c1500 from California (old body style). Now I live in New york. So my question to anyone is the fuel pump just went on it and when I looked them up on auto zone there is a few different ones . Now what I need to know is there is one on there that says somthing about the California smog imisons and its like 400$ and the acdelco one is like half the price since it's from California and has all the smog crap. And new york does not have all the smog crap ....do I have to have the fuel pump with the smog cap or will the acdelco one still work ,or is there somthing special about that specific pump that will only work in that truck because it has the smog crap on it any help would be great full please