Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Converting/Upgrading to Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2016, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting/Upgrading to Power Windows

I am looking at buying a 2012 Chevy Silverado WT 3500HD Crew Cab. It's got the good old crank windows, although it does have power locks. I'm interested in finding out how difficult this is and what equipment I'd need, i.e. switches, new door panels??? Also, if anyone can point me in the right direction in regards to the some good places to get the equipment that's going to be needed. OR, lastly, would it be just as easy to go to a 'Pick Your Part' junkyard type place and pull them from there..??.. Or is this more trouble than it's worth LOLLOL!!!

First post here, and happy to be here. Long time Chevy cars and trucks owner! Thanks in advance for any info and responses.

MS
Old August 29th, 2016, 9:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

might be easier to go aftermarket add on system.
for oem check out the wiring schematics. pnp would be worth a try. you will need...
-driver and passenger door modules
-window regulators
-wiring harness
-maybe even programming as these systems are multiplexed
-door panel
might be cheaper to buy the complete door.
lets us know if you get it to work. I contemplated this but decided it wasn't worth the expense for me.

Last edited by tech2; August 29th, 2016 at 9:54 PM.