Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Crank but no start issue

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2016, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank but no start issue

Hey all

So here is the situation... I've just completed a motor swap on my wife's 2000 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3l. The only thing I haven't done yet is completely finished installing the coolant system. Has a brand new radiator, but haven't filled the system yet. I want to make sure the motor fires first. It turns over, but will not fire... not even sputter. I've changed the crank sensor, checked for fuel pressure at the rail (shot gas to the front of the Burb), checked for spark with an inline ignition tester. I checked the fuses and they are all good. It has a brand new fuel pump relay as I killed the old one getting it out. I can hear the fuel pump working... I pulled one plug (which are all brand new as well) and can't smell or see any fuel on the end. It's like none of the injectors are working... I haven't checked the cam position sensor yet as it sucks mightily to get to... but if I have to then so be it. What else am I missing. I am considering buying a cheap scanner tomorrow, to see if it throwing any specific DTC's. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MT