Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Door Lock Not Working

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2019, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Not Working

SO........ I have been beating my brains against the walls on this one. My drivers side door lock stopped working. I changed out the actuator and nothing......... I checked the fuses and all is well. I ohmed out the wire from the fuse box to the switch connector (good). I ohmed out from the switch connector to the actuator (good). All the other locks work. I bought another new actuator (still nothing). I just bought a used switch of the same part number from ebay and it comes in Saturday. The switch on the drivers door still works all the locks BUT the driver door one. I'm leaning towards the computer or the actual plug that goes into the actuator or the switch BUT they still ohm good........

Do you guys think the switch has anything to do with it?

I plugged in the passenger door switch to the driver door. Could that have messed up the computer? Am I going to be super happy when the switch comes in? Am I going to have to have the used switch programmed at a dealer?
Old August 10th, 2019, 2:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Commonly If one door doesn't work, but others do, the problem could be a blown fuse. ... Replacing it may require removing the car door panel. You have abroken wire: If the lock isn't getting power, hold thelock switch either up or down, and then open and close the door repeatedly to see if the lock will work.If you are sure that the fuse is ok, then there may be other reasonos you need to rule out:
https://docsbay.net/5-common-reasons...cking-properly Hopefully it helps!