Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Drilledandslotted.com?

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2010, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drilledandslotted.com?

Hey guys! Has anybody bought rotors from drilledandslotted.com? I saw them on another forum and I was looking for feedback. Prices look good.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Thanks
Mike
Old August 2nd, 2010, 5:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk about the specific manufacturer, but i do know that drilled rotors wear the brakes 2x as fast
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi D-CELL,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Arguably, drilled and slotted brakes grab better. Aside from the aforementioned wear characteristics, they don't play well with the other children in the sandbox.

Most notably your ABS, which isn't going to automatically adjust to the stopping characteristics of the new disc brakes, which are obviously going to lock up faster and more often under hard use.

I'm probably not normal,(a fact to which many here will readily, no doubt, attest) but my OEM rear disc brakes on my truck went 90,000 miles before they were replaced, and probably could have squeezed out another 20K. My point being I went for OEM replacements, because I prefer the longer wear cycle, and my brakes already function well enough for everyday driving.