General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

driver door lock

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2006 | 1:15 PM
DEZ
CF Beginner

Default driver door lock

Ok I have a 99 chevy blazer and just recently my driver side door will not lock. i have power door locks and when i go to lock the doors, all other doors lock except the driver door. how can this be fixed? in order to lock my driver door I have to use my key. any help will be gr8..
Old July 28th, 2006 | 5:18 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: driver door lock

Have you tried to pull the door panel off and see if the rod is still connected to everything.

Does it not work but just manually pushing it locked?

In order to pull the door panel off first remove the screw behind the inside door panel.
Then take the door handle cup off.
Next if you have manual mirrors you need to remove window crank.
You then have to remove the cover over the power windows/locks and disconnect them
After that under the armrests you will find 2 10mm hidden bolts that need to be removed.
Then gently pull on the bottom of the door panel to release it from the door and then once everything is loose then just pull up and the door panel should come off.

I would first remove the screw and door cup and see if you can see if the rod is still connected their. If not continue to remove the door panel.