Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2013, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem

Hey guys,

I have a '94 z71 stepside I am having electrical problems with. When I turn on my headlights, I lose brake lights and tail lights. Also when I press my brake pedal, my turn signal speeds up like I have a bulb blown. All fuses are good to my knowledge plus I don't think this could be a fuse since so many different circuits are involved. The stereo was stolen out of this truck before I purchased it but it looks like the factory wiring harness was left in the truck. I have not replaced the stereo as of yet. Could this be caused by the turn signal switch since all systems seem to run through this or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, there is some aftermarket wiring in place for a stereo amp and a CB radio. I have visualized the wiring for these the best that I can and have not found any bare wires or shorts. Thanks again for the help.
Old February 21st, 2013, 9:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 351 Likes on 332 Posts

Check the sockets where the bulbs plug into. Check for loose connections and dirty/corroded sockets. Also look for dirty/ loose ground connections. If there is a poor connection it will cause the symptoms you are describing. I have seen this many times.