Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Engine hot a/c off ,engine fan on constant and temp shows ---

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2016, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hot a/c off ,engine fan on constant and temp shows ---

I have a 2013 Captiva LTZ roughly 65 k miles roughly 12K miles ago I was getting engine hot AC off on the dash ,no check engine light fan stays on constant even for a few minutes after the car is off and the key is out of the ignition.

I took it to the dealership they said it was the thermostat I was lucky and they did not even charge me and i don't believe car in the system. I went to the parts store got new coolant new temp sensor new thermostat and after pulling the old thermostat out there was nothing wrong with it was perfectly fine took it to AutoZone and they cleared the codes for me well actually I had to hit the button something about legal issues whatever it works fine for about 2 weeks give or take a couple days.

Then the same thing engine hot AC off and my dad just has three lines for the temperature and again I pulled the thermostat out upon inspecting the thermostat thermostat was faulty this time and this was the new one the rubber ring on the inside of the thermostat that goes to the center piece around the edge that opens and closes had some how folded over and made it stick open a bit. After showing this to the parts store they of course warrantied the thermostat but of course not the coolant.

Now I am at 65 k miles and it's doing it again with the new issue of randomly my AC stops working with no error message and the AC light on the **** flashes. No I don't want to do a Pity Me stuff but I was injured and have been off work for 6 months and I do not have the financial resources to take it to a shop nor am I able am I able to do it myself easily along with the cost aparts and fluids. We've all seen that this is a very common issue with Chevy and I would like to know why there's not been a recall this is disgusting I have been a Chevy man and I've only owned Chevys since I was 16. This being said is there anyone you can tell me a real legitimate fix where I'm not doing replace this replace that and see if it works or not this is the only vehicle I have to get my family around in this hard time and I really need it going again quickly luckily the temperatures here in Missouri have started lowering for me to still be able to drive it around with no AC like I did with my 78 El Camino when I was 16