Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

HELP!! 4.3L Random Misfire (P0300) - Can NOT diagnose.

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2022, 9:42 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! 4.3L Random Misfire (P0300) - Can NOT diagnose.

Hi all! Hopefully there is someone out there that can help me! I have a 2006 Silverado w/t 4.3L v6. I've been trying to diagnose a random / multiple misfire code for a few weeks now and have exhausted all my options (at least all that I know). The truck will start, run, drive, then randomly lose all power and will sometimes stall out completely. If it does stall out, it does not like to re start. But if it's running, it will idle normally, run and drive, with the intermittent issue occurring, which is becoming more frequent and rendering this vehicle un drivable for the most part.

I've replaced plugs, wires, complete distributor assembly, crankshaft position sensor. Have checked intake gaskets, they are not leaking. Fuel pressure is good / normal. Timing is reading correctly on the engine scanner. I've also replaced a canister solenoid that was throwing an evap code (P0449) which has been resolved but was in fact an unrelated issue.
All that I could think left to check would be the catalytic converters, but by checking them cold to inspect for rattles or signs of inoperability I did not hear anything unusual which leads me to believe those are also okay.
No other codes present, no stored data.

Where do I go from here?! Has anyone experienced a P0300 code on these motors that you just could not diagnose? I don't know what my next move is, if I even have one. Thank you in advance for your help!!