Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Help with audio issue please

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2020, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with audio issue please

I believe this qualifies for General Tech because I think this sound system is in multiple models so here goes. 2010 Impala LT 3.5 100K miles with the Bose 8 speaker stereo, single CD, no Nav system. About 2 weeks ago I got in one morning and no audio from the system. No turn signal click, no chimes, no radio, no audio at all from any speakers, but everything else seemed to function visually, all LEDs in the display good, CD function good visually and mechanically, phone function good visually, steering wheel audio switching functions work, just no sound from any speakers for any function. Got back in the car after work and all normal function returned 100%. Now it has done it again. All of the above again. I did stop on my way to work and turned the car off, got out, let all lights go out, after a couple minutes got back in and started the car but it had no effect, no sound at all. Bought it about 8 mos. ago, decent deal, and transmission needed rebuild 6 mos. later and a few other repairs. Now I am way upside down on blue book value so I'm going to be driving it for some time, but all else is good on the car and I like it, even the stereo when it works. I have to do about 10 hours of driving this weekend so it was a bummer. I'm going to check the fuses under the rear seat, check connections on the amp under the rear deck (I think) and maybe disconnect the battery for a while and see what happens. I'll take any crazy ideas for fixes. If all else fails I will probably replace the head unit and amp. In which order would you? I really prefer to keep it stock and keep the steering wheel functions, remote start, phone functions etc. if at all possible. Thanks!