Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Help requested from female truck owners for dissertation project

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2014, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help requested from female truck owners for dissertation project

My name is Chris Lezotte and I am currently a doctoral student in American Culture Studies at Bowling Green State University conducting research for my dissertation. The project focuses on women whose vehicle choices suggest they do not conform to prevailing assumptions regarding the “woman driver.” One of the automotive categories I am interested in is the pickup truck. If you are a female owner of a pickup truck and have about 30 minutes to spare, I would greatly appreciate your input. I believe the relationship between women and cars has not received enough attention in the auto industry and scholarship; my goal in this project is to uncover the voices and automotive experiences of women such as yourself who use and relate to motor vehicles in a variety of interesting and sometimes unexpected ways.

If you have an interest in contributing to this project, I will provide you with consent form, which outlines the project and assures confidentiality. As your participation will take the form of an interview, I will also ask you to indicate whether your preference for that interview is by phone or email. If you would like to participate in this project, or if would like additional information about it, please feel free to contact me via email at clezott@bgsu.edu.

Thank you and happy driving.

Chris Lezotte
PhD Candidate
American Culture Studies
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio
clezott@bgsu.edu
Old January 13th, 2014, 9:12 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, OLDPHD! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old June 16th, 2021, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a friend who drove a pickup truck. She believed that there is no better car in the whole world.