Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

I got a Duck !

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I got a Duck !

Sorry fellas, I just gotta brag a little here...

This season has produced some very late cold fronts here, and yesterday a super strong storm. LOTS of rain, producing flooding and power outages.

The power went out right before Dinner. I decided instead of struggling with an emergency meal fix up here at the house, I'd just drive down the nearest Café and just eat there. Going was very little problem, but...

With it raining extremely hard, on the trip back, I was seeing cars flooded, sitting in the median waiting for the water to reside, and inadvertently found myself driving into an area where the water was getting deeper and deeper.

There was NO way I could turn around, looked out and down through the drivers window, seeing the water about half way up the door. I thought I was about to be in some deep $hit, and have to abandon my ride and "wade" home.

Didn't happen !

My ol girl chugged through that 36"+ water just like she was a Duck !
NEVER missed a beat, given she's 10 years old, and has over 142 Kmi.
And is not set up with any special equipment for running in deep water.

When I got home, I let her idle for about fifteen minutes, just to get the temperatures up again, and dry out the engine a little. Looked around on the floorboards, and they were dry as a bone.

I know I'm probably preaching to the Choir here, but that makes me REAL proud to be a Chevrolet Suburban Owner.