Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Keyless Entry / Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2019, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry / Remote Start

Afternoon All,

So I have a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado Custom 'Black Out' 1500 V6 2WD. When I bought the truck, it came with no key fobs and I was told to install a key less entry/remote start system they would have to install a module (receiver) for that. I procrastinated, but today I called the dealership to see about getting it installed and they told me my vehicle is not eligible for that upgrade... So now I'm looking for aftermarket systems. Does anyone know how I could go about seeing if I can have OEM parts installed? If not, any recommendations on good aftermarket systems? There are power locks on driver and passenger doors, but as of now I only have bare keys with no key fobs (insert key to open the door). Some googling led me to RPO codes or something like that to see if I can have a key less entry system installed, but I'm kind of lost honestly.

Thanks in Advance!