Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Light Bar opinion

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2015, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Bar opinion

Hello all and greetings from cold, snowy Mercer, PA. Am interested in getting one of those LED light bars, or Line of Fire light bar or Tailgate light bar, whatever somebody wants to call them. There are so many around! Anyhow would like opinions on which brand is a better choice and also which is a better choice, the actual light bar or the flexible one that I can only describe as a roll of lights that is in a plastic enclosure. Going to put this on a 2014 Silverado.....All opinions are welcome and thank you......Mike
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings Mike, welcome to the Forum.

You're right, there are several good Light Bars available, but I'd like to point out a couple things about their installation...

LED's are sensitive to heat, so, the more air flow you can get around them, the longer they last, then...

Often times, they're installed in front of the air ram for the Radiator, and, can cut off a fair amount of cooling for the engine and AC.

Again, welcome to the Forum.
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

. I went with a 22" Epistar brand and I love mine. Really bright at night and completely waterproof.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 1:49 AM
CF Junior Member

It depends on your budget. I just ordered the Rigid Industries LED bar from 4WO|Truck Accessories. It's expensive but I know the quality is superb. Will mount it above the windshield. If you're on a budget there are cheap ones that are good according to some guys who have them. You can mount yours behind the grille or get the Nfab light bar and put your LED light on it.